The latest from our podcast Resist and Restore!
In this Episode:
Interview with Kris Eden, one of our dear friends, and a major helper of the Participatory Defense Hub (along with our friends Bethany and Andrew!) in South Philadelphia.
Participatory Defense is a national movement dedicated to helping people who have criminal cases participate in their own defense. The Hubs come up with participatory strategies and resources that help to hold accountable the broken justice system, as people navigate it and present their cases.
Jonny and Kris dig in deep on the justice system and how it’s set up, Larry Krasner, Derek Chauvin and what would the Hub do, Jesus on the cross forgiving criminals, and other stories from the Hub.
Also in this episode, pastor’s get deep about Accessibility, Disability, and Theology, and ways of seeing the Bible through the Disability lens. Later, a little Spiritual Show and Tell: Spiritual Direction, a Palestinian cookbook, Dolly Parton, and worshiping from memory.
- Bible for Normal People, Episode 165: Stephanie Tait – Disability Theology is for Everyone
- Accessible Atonement: Disability, Theology, and the Cross of Christ by David McLachlan
- The Bible and Disability: A Commentary (Studies in Religion, Theology, and Disability) by Sarah J. Melcher (Editor), Mikeal C. Parsons (Editor), Amos Yong (Editor)
- The Disabled God: Toward a Liberatory Theology of Disability by Nancy Eiesland
- The Bible, Disability, and the Church: A New Vision of the People of God by Amos Yong
- Disability and the Way of Jesus: Holistic Healing in the Gospels and the Church by Bethany McKinney Fox
- Spiritual Direction Resources
- Dolly Parton’s America
- There Was Jesus by Zach Williams and Dolly Parton
- Falastin by Sami Tamimi and Tara Wigley
- Participatory Defense Hub
- South Philly Participatory Defense on Facebook and Instagram (@sphillyparticipatorydefensehub)
About this Podcast
Resist and Restore is a podcast by Circle of Hope. We’re extending the table of our dialogue! Tune in bi-weekly as the Circle of Hope pastors—Rachel, Ben, Julie, and Jonny—sit down to dialogue about faith, God, Jesus, the spiritual life, and everything in between. Available on Spotify, iTunes/Apple Music, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, and more.
New website: https://circleofhope.church
Email: [email protected]
Help keep the show running! Contribute at: https://circleofhope.church/share